Over the past decade, IV therapy has grown in its popularity and use nationwide and even globally. It is not unusual to see IV therapy clinics in places like Dubai in the Middle East or even in areas where we popularly go for vacation and recreation.
Today more and more doctor’s offices and wellness centers are adding IV therapy as a part of their services to their clients. This makes a lot of sense besides being convenient, in that IV therapy is a fast way of recharging the body and correcting specific vitamin deficiencies and illness.
What are some of the benefits of IV therapy?
1. Corrects hydration: Most people daily experience some level of dehydration. We are advised to drink ½ of our body weight in ounces of water. Most of us will admit that is a hard task to fulfill daily. The other issue is that we consume other products several times a day such as caffeine that tends to dehydrate our body. For those individuals suffering from hypertension, medications such as diuretics are other sources of dehydration. Medical conditions such as diarrhea or vomiting are additional causes of dehydration. In these cases, IV hydration helps you quickly replenish the electrolytes that are lost through these means.
2. Increases low energy: Loss of energy can be related to several health issues such as B12 deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, viral illnesses, hypothyroidism, and cardiac, renal and liver disease. While IV therapy may not be indicated for all these issues there is definitely a useful place in this treatment replacing vitamins, as well as minerals such as magnesium, potassium and sodium.
3. Increase Detoxification: When one gets ill or is severely stressed your body’s own cells and produces toxic free radicals that damage your liver. Olympia IV Therapy makes a compound known as glutathione that helps absorb these free radicals and helps to stabilize your immune system. This is an important antioxidant that plays an important role in many body processes such as building and repair, synthesis of proteins and cells that support your immune system. It also helps in detoxification and elimination of foreign substances and chemicals and facilitates the excretion of metals like mercury.
4. Improve Immunity: With the ability to receive various vitamins like glutathione, alpha lipoic acid, and vitamin B12, IV therapy is very effective in helping to improve immunity. Substances such as glutathione and vitamin C are important antioxidants that absorb toxic free radicals and aid in DNA synthesis, the repair of damaged cells and aid in enzyme function. Vitamin C is important for your bones, blood vessels and skin.
5. Treatment of nausea and hangover: nausea due to gastrointestinal illnesses or viral illnesses even morning sickness from early pregnancy can be very challenging for many people. This can easily lead to dehydration, lack of energy and even further dysfunction. The disorientation, dizziness, dehydration and extreme nausea and vomiting from a bad hangover can be equally distressing. The fear of vomiting under these conditions discourages proper hydration thus exacerbating the problem. IV hydration with antiemetics medication, particularly Odanestron (Zofran) is very useful in alleviating this problem. Magnesium is essential in the functioning of hundreds of enzymes in the body. It plays an important role in the treatment of many health problems including but not limited to diabetes, cardiac diseases, hypertension, migraine headaches, and muscle spasms.
6. Acute viral illness: During the cold and flu season it is not unusual to experience significant body aches, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, fatigue and dehydration. There are a number of options for treatment. These include IV vitamin C with B complex, Myer’s cocktail which has several nutrients that help support the immune system. IV therapy in this situation can also be customized based on your predominant symptoms to help accelerate your recovery.
7. Better absorbed: IV vitamin therapy is completely and easily absorbed throughout your body since is does not have to bypass your digestive system. You do not lose vital nutrients because it is being directly utilized through all your tissues and systems via your circulation system. None of the valuable vitamins or other nutrients are being discarded through your gut. Vitamin C is a clear example of one vitamin that has limited absorption through the gastrointestinal system. It is also a vitamin that plays a key role in the strengthening of your immune system.
You may also call Rejuv Aesthetics LLC, 812-822-2542, for an immediate appointment.